While the average mold infestation is not toxic to people's health, it is important to be able to identify mold poisoning symptoms in order to help keep your home healthy.
Toxic mold is formed by volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that are, in turn, formed by the production of mold spores. These toxins can be extremely dangerous to humans and may even begin to affect the nervous system and the respiratory system.
Some of the symptoms associated with mold poisoning include nausea, hives, asthma, runny nose, chronic coughing, rapid or labored breathing and skin rashes. More extreme symptoms that can result from mold poisoning are lethargy, dizziness, memory loss and even infertility in a person who has been exposed to toxic mold for a prolonged period of time.
If you suspect toxic mold is a problem in your home, then it is necessary to not only eradicate the infestation, but see a health specialist for any symptoms that appear to be the result of mold poisoning.
Learn about the best mold-resistant products, and how to use them in mold prevention and mold control.
Mold removal can be a tricky and expensive business. Here's what to expect when considering the cost of mold...
If you've spotted mold in your home, it's time to fight it fair and square. Use these mold removal tips and kiss that nasty...
Projects by Professionals(at Pro Galleries)
Projects by People Like You (at Rate My Remodel)